• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 jenncasper02

jenncasper02

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 March 2002 - 11:48 AM

I am creating a webpage within the next few weeks about haunted places in New York state. I have alot of pictures and personal stories about Oakwood cemetery, Forest Park cemetery and The Saratoga County Homestead. I would love more pics, stories, rumors, audio or just plain anything about any place in NY. i will gladly share what i have with you guys. Everything will be on my webpage, but thats in the works right now. Please email me at Shnikes518@hotmail.com with anything at all.
Thanks for all the help.

• Guests

Posted 21 March 2002 - 11:54 AM

Ive heard about a gravestone located in Lakeview cemetary in Penn Yan NY, that has a womens face appear on it even after having been replaced a few times. Supposably she had told her husband that she would come back to haunt him if he ever remarried, or he was being unfaithful to her. I am going to see this grave for myself in a week or so. Ive heard that its quite visible. Have to satisfy my curiosity.  :D

#3 jenncasper02

jenncasper02

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 March 2002 - 12:57 PM

that sounds really cool. take as many pics as you can, i would love to see this place. make sure you tell me all about it when you get back. thanks for the info. ill do some research myself and let ya know what i find.

#4 Noelle1966

Noelle1966

Uses WD-40 for evil purposes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts
  • Interests:Animals, ice skating, pets, animal issues, historical societies, travelling, and of course - ghost hunting.

Posted 13 October 2002 - 08:39 AM

I know of a beautiful mansion in my home village of Nyack, NY.  When I lived in Nyack as a little girl, the people who lived in the house at time were named Ackley.  I moved to Florida when I was 5 years old and as luck would have it, Mrs. Ackley sold her house after her husband died and moved to Florida also.  I spoke with her on the telephone about the house before she passed away.  I visited NY in 1999 and took some photos of this beautiful home.  Mrs. Ackley always said that the ghosts were friendly and would leave little presents for special occasions in the family, such as birthdays.  Mrs. Ackley's son also lives in Florida and my Dad sails with him.  He loves to talk about incidents in his former home.  The house is also famous for causing a legal battle in NY.  When Mrs. Ackley sold the house, she didn't tell the new owners that the house was haunted.  The new owners got upset and demanded their deposit to be given back.  Mrs. Ackley refused and I think that the case made it to the NY Supreme Court.  Now there are laws in some states that the owner of a house must tell prospective buyers of the house's history! :D
The reason that a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail and not his tongue.Do unto others, then run.Life's messy. Clean it up.

#5 CampfireMafiaGhost

CampfireMafiaGhost

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 13 October 2002 - 09:56 AM

Yea, the Ackley House is a famous haunted mansion. Because of that house, if your house is haunted, you have to tell the prospective buyer, otherwise the contract is void. The New York Supreme Court officially delcared that the house was haunted. I think the house is a private residence still, and apparently the people living there haven't experienced anything. I've been to Nyack a lot, but never knew of the house. I'd like to see it though.

#6 gowie2hotty

gowie2hotty

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 13 October 2002 - 04:10 PM

Cowles Hall at Elmira college is said to be one of the most haunted place in New York State, it has both a good and evil side....the building is closed down.
Come Check out Jason Gowin online at - http://www.jasongowin.com

#7 Noelle1966

Noelle1966

Uses WD-40 for evil purposes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts
  • Interests:Animals, ice skating, pets, animal issues, historical societies, travelling, and of course - ghost hunting.

Posted 18 October 2002 - 05:54 AM

Regarding the Ackley Mansion, there were a lot of witnesses to the spirits while the Ackleys were living there.  Friends of the Ackley family would see spirits, too and ask about them.  When I talked to Mrs. Ackley a few years ago, she really didn't know who lived in the house at the present time, or what was happening with it.  When I visited the outside of the house in 1999, the house had been turned into apartments. I would love to go inside, but I know that I would be jealous of such a beautiful home.
The reason that a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail and not his tongue.Do unto others, then run.Life's messy. Clean it up.

• Guests

Posted 18 October 2002 - 06:30 AM

i was looking for forest park just last week with a friend. we ended up in the wrong cemetary (actually a few that are connected) but we did experience a couple of strange occurances. nothing showed up in our pics or video, but we're going back soon with help from a resident who's been in the real forest park and has some cool pics.

#9 Rockhauler2k1

Rockhauler2k1

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,217 posts
  • Interests:The Force

Posted 18 October 2002 - 07:27 AM

I used to go to Binghamton NY all the time and had to make a delivery in a building near a hospital there. The building was definitly from the 17th century and gave me the creeps every time I had to go in there. The stuff had to be put in the basement via a ramp. I always felt like I was being watched even when no one was around. I hated that place lol  .  >:D
Whatever was there was definitly not friendly.
The salesman used to stack their empty pallets for me to pick up and they were almost always scattered all over the place when I would arrive.
Cases of merchendise would come up missing only to be found in a totally different part of the basement . The salesman dealt with it I guess because they were used to it but I definitly got an errie feeling there. It was very negative.
If you need more specific info Im sure I could do some checking for you but there cant be that many old hospitals in Binghamton. This warehouse was up the hill on the left on the same street as the hospital about 100 yds.
Many of the truths that we cling to depend greatly upon our point of view.Posted Image

#10 kittengirl

kittengirl

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 June 2003 - 11:08 AM

I have intersesting pictures and a recent story about forest park. you can email me at pisces2144@hotmail.com

#11 volleyball18

volleyball18

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 04:40 PM

Ive heard about a gravestone located in Lakeview cemetary in Penn Yan NY, that has a womens face appear on it even after having been replaced a few times. Supposably she had told her husband that she would come back to haunt him if he ever remarried, or he was being unfaithful to her. I am going to see this grave for myself in a week or so. Ive heard that its quite visible. Have to satisfy my curiosity.  :)

not true i did a project on it and he died b4 her soooo...... thats a lie :D

#12 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 21 January 2010 - 04:53 PM

Perhaps not so much a lie as an embellished local legend.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users