• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 vernonw1

vernonw1

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 27 May 2003 - 12:52 PM

If anyone is anywher in the vicinity of North Carolina New Bern is a great place to look.  At first glance just passing through it does not catch the eye but there are a number of beautiful old historic houses in the heart of New Bern by the rivers.  The Harvey Mansion Inn is one place to start.

There are over 145 historic structures in New Bern, including the Jenkins Richardson house said to be haunted by a Civil War soldier.  It is at 120 Craven Street..  It is in the Historic Ghost Walk aroung Halloween.
"When you let beauty and peace sink into you, dissension and strife begin to look like sheer insanity. Everything that people make a fuss about seems unimportant " Anne Frank

#2 PHANTOM MONK

PHANTOM MONK

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Interests:Trying to recall what I did wrong back in 2009 and why folks just can't get over it...

Posted 24 July 2009 - 04:49 PM

If anyone is anywher in the vicinity of North Carolina New Bern is a great place to look.  At first glance just passing through it does not catch the eye but there are a number of beautiful old historic houses in the heart of New Bern by the rivers.  The Harvey Mansion Inn is one place to start.

There are over 145 historic structures in New Bern, including the Jenkins Richardson house said to be haunted by a Civil War soldier.  It is at 120 Craven Street..  It is in the Historic Ghost Walk aroung Halloween.

Finally, something about a North Carrolina haunt, though we have many more. I am familiar with the house you sighted and bought a second home about 2 houses away. The realtor didn't mention ghosts but advised us of homes that we might liked that were a little "odd".

Nice to be back. Wonder who I made "ill" with me back in 2009...at 67 am lucky to recall what I had for dinner 2 days ago. Guess some folks will have to explain it to me as I have no clue.

#3 valereb

valereb

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:44 AM

Finally, something about a North Carrolina haunt, though we have many more. I am familiar with the house you sighted and bought a second home about 2 houses away. The realtor didn't mention ghosts but advised us of homes that we might liked that were a little "odd".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users