Posted 14 December 2006 - 06:18 AM

what do you know about the grail then?

#32 RowanG

RowanG

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 09:48 AM

My grandfather was and one of my uncles is a Mason. When I was in junior high school, a friend invited me to join the female group called Rainbow Girls, which then you are an Eastern Star as a woman. Unfortunately for me, I did not continue participating with the Rainbow Girls. I never was one for being in clubs or anything of that nature.

Anyway, I don't think that there is anything sinister about the Freemasons. The organisation was changed from being one in which all masons shared their knowledge to one where a select few developed new and inovative ways of building and didn't want others to know. Kind of like corporations do now, keep their trade secrets from competition to have an edge in getting more customers/clients. These select masons decided to keep their methodology a secret from others, but societies the world over have a problem with secrets. If someone isn't being told everything that is going on within an organisation, well then they are immediately tagged with all kinds of sinister motives.

They're seen as a sinister group simply because those of us outside their organisation don't know what's going on, so we invent things.

Edited by RowanG, 14 December 2006 - 09:49 AM.

#33 masonicpaintballer

masonicpaintballer

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:paintball, civil war renacting,ghost

Posted 14 December 2006 - 10:01 AM

Myth: We worship the Devil
Fact: You must believe in God and not be a antichrist to be a mason. (notice i didn't mention any religions)
Myth: We are taking over the world
Fact: Even though a few Presidents, and a lot of law Enforcement Officers are Masons, I assure you its not a plot.
Myth: We are Protecting a great treasure
Fact: You watched National Treasure one to many times

Fact: George Washington was a Mason, nine signers of the Independence was a mason, France entered the war on our side because Ben Franklin was a Mason asking for aide from another Fellow Mason the ruler of France. Generals severing under Washington from other other countries again Masons.

Fact: Countless acts of Masons in the American Civil War. (this is for you Duke) Gettysburg: General Armistead a mason, Genral Pickett, a mason, General Kemper, General Bingham, Lieutenant Stephen Brown, General George Stannard, these are all masons and just a few involved in this battle as well as many others. If your interested please read: "House Undivided, The story of Freemasonry and the Civil War" by Allen E. Roberts.

Yes males are only allowed to be Masons, however, ladies, there are also the Order of the Eastern Star for you.

So how do you become one????
To be 1 ask 1

If you have any questions or want to just chat about it...feel free

#34 masonicpaintballer

masonicpaintballer

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 10:41 AM

the grail thing? you mean the knights templar? yes they were real people, and yes they are masons and yes it is still a degree today.

#35 twinklestar

twinklestar

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:holistic therapies, spooky stuff, reading, cinema

Posted 14 December 2006 - 10:57 AM

the grail thing? you mean the knights templar? yes they were real people, and yes they are masons and yes it is still a degree today.

i know that, just read "holy blood holy grail" and the masons are in it an awful lot. just wonderd what you know about the grail and magdalene. and also if you agree with the book if you have read it, if i was a mason i woul d make sure id read it. so if the knights templar is still about today, whos one of them? and what they doing for the world in general nowadays?

#36 masonicpaintballer

masonicpaintballer

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 11:09 AM

first time i heard of the book ill have to check it out. As for who is a knights templar today, well any mason that has been raised to a master mason is able to become a knights templar. i myself have my petition to be one. but let me make this clear, knight templars, shriners, york rite and so forth are not any higher then a master mason, becuase they are all master masons just taking a different path within our society if you will

#37 RowanG

RowanG

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 03:23 PM

i know that, just read "holy blood holy grail" and the masons are in it an awful lot. just wonderd what you know about the grail and magdalene. and also if you agree with the book if you have read it, if i was a mason i woul d make sure id read it. so if the knights templar is still about today, whos one of them? and what they doing for the world in general nowadays?

I guess I didn't read far enough into the book because I don't really remember them being mentioned at all.

Masonic... Holy Blood, Holy Grail was the book that inspired The DaVinci Code. Two of the three authors sued Dan Brown because they claimed he stole their idea. Or some such nonsense.

#38 masonicpaintballer

masonicpaintballer

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 04:38 PM

Rowan,

Oh i see, hmm, I'm only going to say this about Davinci code.....the society does not exist!!!! as a matter of fact some idiot who has either read or seen the movie is running around greenwood indiana placing P.E. in spray paint all over the masonic signs....

#39 RowanG

RowanG

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 04:41 PM

What society doesn't exist...?

#40 masonicpaintballer

masonicpaintballer

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 04:53 PM

fogive me I can't recall the name, just the intials ill have to look into it, if you ever read angels and demons you have come across it as well....but to explain it, this other society that they claim exists, would be the opposite of the knights templar...i'lll have to pull my notes and explain it better to you

#41 RowanG

RowanG

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 05:17 PM

I did read Angels & Demons and only recall the Illuminati. Which I'm pretty sure does exist. But any other light you can shed would be greatly appreciated. Freemasonry, Knights Templar, the whole bit completely fascinate me.

#42 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 14 December 2006 - 11:07 PM

Knight Templar were a real group of knights who really camped near the ruins of the Judaic temple. They really were murdered on Friday 13 October.

Opus Dei is a real organization, but they are misrepresented by Dan Brown. They are ultra-conservatives, but don't go down killing Knights, Masons, etc. Even the DaVinci Code says that if the Vatican knew what the fictitious head of Opus Dei was doing, he would be excommunicated.

Since the time of the Crusades, the idea that Mary Magdalene (or more precisely Jesus' daughter with her) was the true grail.

Since the Knights Templar and the Masons are secretive, conspiracy theorists try to link them to trying to keep Jesus' bloodline from the world. It's a fun theory, but very little evidence supports it.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#43 twinklestar

twinklestar

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:holistic therapies, spooky stuff, reading, cinema

Posted 15 December 2006 - 08:22 AM

Knight Templar were a real group of knights who really camped near the ruins of the Judaic temple. They really were murdered on Friday 13 October.

Opus Dei is a real organization, but they are misrepresented by Dan Brown. They are ultra-conservatives, but don't go down killing Knights, Masons, etc. Even the DaVinci Code says that if the Vatican knew what the fictitious head of Opus Dei was doing, he would be excommunicated.

Since the time of the Crusades, the idea that Mary Magdalene (or more precisely Jesus' daughter with her) was the true grail.

Since the Knights Templar and the Masons are secretive, conspiracy theorists try to link them to trying to keep Jesus' bloodline from the world. It's a fun theory, but very little evidence supports it.

i find it all very interesting this templar and grail stuff, regardless if its true or not. i must admist the book "holy blood holy grail" took me quite awhile to get through it, not a story type of book at all. and i dont blame dan brown for making a book of his own, dont all authors take stuff from other books and films and life in general. just so happens this particular one happend close togther to cause a argument about who wrote what and when.
both books sold so whats the problem, silly men :weeee:

#44 masonicpaintballer

masonicpaintballer

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 11:44 AM

Templars were masons, they just happen to be knights that found this grail during a crusade and felt it was their job and duty to protect it. reason is becuase..........Censored masonic secrets.......and thats the story

#45 masonicpaintballer

masonicpaintballer

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 05:42 PM

alas my memory failed me on this one and after looking at the notes again its Priory of Sion Secret Society...this group is not real never has been, and except for a couple idiots running around locally painting P.S. on our masonic signs, it still doesn't exist....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users