• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#46 RowanG

RowanG

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 07:05 PM

alas my memory failed me on this one and after looking at the notes again its Priory of Sion Secret Society...this group is not real never has been, and except for a couple idiots running around locally painting P.S. on our masonic signs, it still doesn't exist....

Oh yeah. I knew that.

#47 ShadowStorm

ShadowStorm

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Interests:comparative religions, paganism, the occult, the paranormal, my cats and dogs.

Posted 16 December 2006 - 09:48 AM

Well I'd like to tell you about the figurative death.... but I cannot. It is part of your 'raising'.............

Hun....the whole thing was shown on the History channel the other day.

I assure you, it's not THAT secret.
Posted ImageIn Shadows and StormsShadowStorm

#48 ShadowStorm

ShadowStorm

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Interests:comparative religions, paganism, the occult, the paranormal, my cats and dogs.

Posted 16 December 2006 - 10:11 AM

alas my memory failed me on this one and after looking at the notes again its Priory of Sion Secret Society...this group is not real never has been, and except for a couple idiots running around locally painting P.S. on our masonic signs, it still doesn't exist....

You're all so very.....Nevermind.

Carry on.
Posted ImageIn Shadows and StormsShadowStorm

#49 masonicpaintballer

masonicpaintballer

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:paintball, civil war renacting,ghost

Posted 16 December 2006 - 11:02 AM

yes it was shown on the history channel....here you a shock though...its not 100% accurate :)

#50 twinklestar

twinklestar

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:holistic therapies, spooky stuff, reading, cinema

Posted 16 December 2006 - 02:58 PM

Well I'd like to tell you about the figurative death.... but I cannot. It is part of your 'raising'.............

I assure you, it's not THAT secret.

it doesnt matter if jesus died on the cross or not, the faith behind it is the important factor of the figurative death, its also in the book i mentioned, ha ha ha, secret not. oh we cant cope with truth now can we us poor mortals with no brains to think for ourselves .we have to have secret faiths to keep us going just incase the world ends.
what if mickey mouse doesnt exist, oh no how awful that would be. sorry to sound sarcastic, but honestly giving us half suposedly secrets isnt quite fare is it.
faith is what you make it regardles if its true or not, and the more people believe in the same as you the stronger the faith becomes as the more minds are putting positive feelings and thoughts into one thought. does anyone understand that?so if loads of people thought mickey mouse was god he would be. and keep it secret only makes it the stronger.
so i believe there IS a secret grail and the holy blood holy grail dudes found it out and i believe them. it doesnt matter if the davinci code made it all rubbish, there is some truth in that book too if you look hard enough.
but i apreciate your views too, no hard feelings intended, a good discusion gets rid of the cobwebs.
:)

#51 RowanG

RowanG

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 06:02 PM

I so do not understand your response twinklestar.

#52 twinklestar

twinklestar

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 05:39 AM

I so do not understand your response twinklestar.

hi rowan will try and explain when i have more time. :wow:

#53 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 17 December 2006 - 03:45 PM

Try to keep this thread cordial.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#54 RowanG

RowanG

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 04:56 PM

Nothing less than cordial about it. I just don't understand where twinklestar was coming from.

#55 Moonstruck

Moonstruck

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 07:34 PM

I would have to say that the one of the good things about Dan Browns book is that it brought to light a lot questions and it did so in the mainstream. I think it also brought spirituality to a lot of people.

Masons, Knights of Templar is interesting, noble to many etc. I personally think after reading page after page of information of the Skull and Bones Society it made me wonder if it was somewhat sinister. The general consensus there I kept seeing was that they thought they were the elite and that the general public were just peasants/animals. That particular society scares me a little. President Bush and his father are both Skull and Bones members as were many presidents and of coarse countless other important and powerful people.

#56 RowanG

RowanG

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 07:44 PM

Yes, Skull and Bones is creepy.

#57 paradox_found

paradox_found

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:Energy healing, vibrational levels, spirit contact, healing with crystals, etc... Hubby and I own a bar/ restaurant which brings me lots of ppl to study.

Posted 18 December 2006 - 08:01 AM

I grew up and continue to live in a Masonic family. I, myself, am an Eastern Star. It bothers me to see that some of my Sisters don't have the familial support from their husbands that have not taken the time to cut through the myths that surround the Masons.

#58 twinklestar

twinklestar

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 10:02 AM

okey dokey rowan. i was trying to get across the idea of the way they the people in some masonic lodges like to keep their secrets just a little bit secret and like to divulge just a little bit of these secrets every os often. its as if us the general public wuld not be able to control our panic which i think they think we would do if they told us the whole secret.
hence me rattling on about faith and it not mattering what we believe in as long as there are lots of us that do believe in something, thats where the strength apears for the faith.
and it annoys me a tiny bit when people give out tiny snippets of info,as if we arent ready for all of it, if people want to discus freemasons here youd expect some one to ask about the secret stuff to creep out wouldnt you ,
maybe they go around with knickers on their heads for real, lol and would be really shamed if that got out in the world.
i dont mean any nastyness, just want to know thats all, and possibly im not too good at writting it down or putting it the way i want it without it coming out wrong.
my friend her hubby is a masson and i havent even thought of asking him stuff, i cant get past the "do you wear ladies knickers on your heads then" he just laughs at me. :)

#59 RowanG

RowanG

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 10:14 AM

Okay thanks twinklestar. That makes more sense.

I think any group of individuals is entitled to their secrets as long as those secrets don't involve illegal activity or bring harm to anyone. When Freemasonry began, it was all about keeping certain trade secrets, well... secret. It's like that today with corporations. Take for instance Coke and Pepsi - a well-known rivalry. They each have their insider secrets on the way things are done. No one really has a problem with that, but they do with a group like the Masons. Just seems strange, in my opinion...

#60 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 18 December 2006 - 12:19 PM

Okay thanks twinklestar. That makes more sense.

I think any group of individuals is entitled to their secrets as long as those secrets don't involve illegal activity or bring harm to anyone. When Freemasonry began, it was all about keeping certain trade secrets, well... secret. It's like that today with corporations. Take for instance Coke and Pepsi - a well-known rivalry. They each have their insider secrets on the way things are done. No one really has a problem with that, but they do with a group like the Masons. Just seems strange, in my opinion...

The issue is that the secrets at Coke and Pepsi truly are trade secrets - their secret formula, future advertising plans, etc - that have to do with the beverage industry. The secrets that Free Masons keep have moved away from trade secrets to secretive religious rites. The public wants to know for real that Free Masons aren't doing animal sacrifices or selling their soul.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users