Freemasonry

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#106 Velum Quantum

Velum Quantum

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 10:24 AM

I've been wanting to join the masosn for the longest time. But cant until I turn 19 because that is the rules in the state of Ohio :-( or atleast thats what I heard.

#107 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 10:44 AM

I've been wanting to join the masosn for the longest time. But cant until I turn 19 because that is the rules in the state of Ohio :-( or atleast thats what I heard.

This is probably a silly question but can females join the masons? Is there like an interview process or do you attend on their gatherings and then if you like it you register?

#108 Yosei

Yosei

Thinks bats and skeletons are.....CUTE?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 11:26 AM

This is probably a silly question but can females join the masons? Is there like an interview process or do you attend on their gatherings and then if you like it you register?

I believe one of the earlier posts mentioned that there is a female equivalent, the Order Of The Eastern Star, but you may have to be related to a male Mason to get in.
"I could die a thousand times, but I'll always be here..."---Rozz Williams"It's not the sound of a new generation, it is the noise of a degenerate nation...the Nightmare of the American Dream..."---DomianaNeed gifts for goths? Handmade jewelry, clothing, porcelain & more! http://www.accentuateyourlook.com

#109 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 12:17 PM

I believe one of the earlier posts mentioned that there is a female equivalent, the Order Of The Eastern Star, but you may have to be related to a male Mason to get in.

Thanks Yosei. Like I said before, I've never read the other posts....so I can't be a Mason-ette then.

#110 brucekp

brucekp

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 02:51 PM

Here's the Masonic FAQ that I helped developed in the mid-90's. It will give you lots of information.

Enjoy!

http://www.masonicin...m/usenetfaq.htm

Bruce
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,Than are dreamt of in your philosophy-ShakespeareLawmakers are studying the possibilty of banning any independent thought and freedom of choice. quoted by insiders: "We can't rely on our citizens to know what is best for them or their families, therefore we cannot permit people to freely make choices on their own. Any citizen suspected of independent thought shall be detained pending a deportation hearing."

#111 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 08:16 PM

Here's the Masonic FAQ that I helped developed in the mid-90's. It will give you lots of information.

Enjoy!

Bruce

Thanks for taking the time to post this Bruce, I'll give it a read!

#112 brucekp

brucekp

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 02:28 AM

Enjoy!

Bruce

Thanks for taking the time to post this Bruce, I'll give it a read!

You're welcome!

Bruce
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,Than are dreamt of in your philosophy-ShakespeareLawmakers are studying the possibilty of banning any independent thought and freedom of choice. quoted by insiders: "We can't rely on our citizens to know what is best for them or their families, therefore we cannot permit people to freely make choices on their own. Any citizen suspected of independent thought shall be detained pending a deportation hearing."

#113 Starr08

Starr08

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 09:06 PM

I have to ask this, why are the Masons so secret?

Do they have something to fear, or are they embarassed about certain things they do or do they have an agenda going on that possibly isnt condusive to the well being of others or do they have enemies that want to get information on them or from them?

Why the secrecy in 2005? I may be being hard on you but I dont feel I can trust a society of some importance who keeps secrets and that includes our governments as well. I can understand the reasons for government organisations but not for a body that is just really a group of such wide and varied people, includingthose with power and authority with the same belief.

BTW my father and all my uncles and many of my cousins on my mothers side were/are masons and I grew up going to parties at the local lodge. Still i will never trust them. What I do believe is that many join just like sheep to be part of something and dont really bother about the stuff going on they are privvy too. Im interested in the bigger picture.

If Im being paranoid then surely all can be explained clearly to alleviate that. Could it really be just people wanting to think they are a part of something important or a big family looking out for itself and thats it. I dont think so, its to big for that. I do believe though that not all the members have the big picture, just those at the top. Remembering the Nazi regieme and so many cults and political and religious organisations in the past its just like sheep to let wolves make them do terrible things in the belief they are dong the right thing. Im not saying thats going to be the case but this does concern me.

I may sound like Mr Conpiracy Theory but there is one thing worse than not telling the truth when it comes to creating fear, mistrust and anxiety, and that thing is not telling what needs to be told.

I just wanted to address a couple of things you mentioned...My husband is a Mason as are many men in his family. My great grandfather was a Mason....so I have quite a bit of expirience with the group. The basic premise is to take a good man and make him better. And you have to actively seek it out...hence the fact that they do not seek out membership. They raise money for a multitude of things including and not limited to childrens hospitals, retirement homes,scholorships, ect. Here's also a bit of history, since one of your comparisons were to the Nazis...They were put to death right along with the Jews, Gypseys, Homosexuals, and anyone else the Nazis deemed "DANGEROUS". Imho, if the Masons were so all powerful you would think that they would have at least been able to save their own during that horrible time. Just food for thought...not all secrets are bad, some are just because.

#114 Abelskeeper

Abelskeeper

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 11:00 AM

Hello Brothers.....nice to see a thread on the Craft...Going through my 1st now, although I've been a student of Freemasonary for some time now. I'm really enjoying it alot. Looking foward to being raised in the near future...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users