Grandson sees people not there!

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 bathory313

bathory313

So SCARED she peed down her own leg!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  • Interests:movies, music, mysteries of the world, poetry, art, ghosts, evp, ghost photos, psychics and mediumship, esp, telepathy, psychic photography, guardian spirits, doing something good for others

Posted 01 August 2005 - 01:26 AM

I also believe that some hauntings are simply a situation that had so much emotion tied up in it, that it left an "imprint" on the place where it happened, and it's like watching a film over and over.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We call that residual haunting. It revolves around a tragic or emotional event. Then the sprits are trapped but I believe the spirit needs the problem resolved but can't.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do you think there is an actual spirit present during residual hauntings; or is it just memory? From what I've read about these things, the 'ghost' is unable to be affected by actions by humans, i.e. the same scenario happens over and over no matter how the living try to change it. There is a haunted 3-bend turn in Cadiz, OH, where a lady lost her head in a buggy accident, and on the anniversary of said accident people have claimed to see it replayed. So what's your opinion?
Posted Image

#17 Oniix

Oniix

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 10:00 AM

I agree Matt32. It's one of those unfortunate musts. Makes a client really cranky when you state that you have to look at the psychological side of things first. hehehe.

Ah... but have you ever wondered "Why" some children see imaginary friends more than others? And why some of these friends are far more detailed in description that many of the people around the child? HMMM!

#18 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 01 August 2005 - 03:53 PM

I believe that some of the residual hauntings do include an actual spirit. Especially in the cases where they are extremely tragic. The spirit can be doomed to repeat a scenario (maybe a result of a murder the person committed in life). Other cases would be a "memory" imprint. That scenario is most common in stone, brick or concrete structures.

These are only my own thoughts and theories of course.
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#19 boris

boris

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 10:44 PM

If one is seeing folks that others aren't, I'd suspect a form of schizophrenia or bipolar disorder. However, I'd also be open to the possibility that the person is seeing a part of the spectral plane we can't see. Please don't misunderstand my meaning here. I said I'd suspect a form of schizophrenia or bipolar disorder (because these are two genetically linked conditions which are known to produce visual and auditory hallucinations). I did not say such a person was "crazy". Many times, especially when they have learned to manage their illness, these people have tremendous capacities. Their condition may actually make them more sensitive to paranormal activity. I've learned to manage bipolar disorder over the last 25 years and am leading a very productive, stable life. I've also seen apparitions, partial apparitions, and had hypnogogic hallucinations. I know the difference. I don't know how I know. I just do. I don't have hallucinations when taking prescribed medication for this condition. I occasionally still see apparitions and often sense presences and energies that remain unseen. On two occasions I've had a witness with me that saw what I did. Be open to all possibilities and learn more about them! Knowledge is a tremendous tool. There are many stereotypical misconceptions about both mental illness and the spiritual plane. Good hunting!
"...The Lord opened the eyes of the young man, and he saw; and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire..." 2 Kings 6: 17b. (There's nothing like seeing the unseen, especially when it's an army of spirits!)

#20 kingo'mountain

kingo'mountain

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 10:56 PM

If one is seeing folks that others aren't, I'd suspect a form of schizophrenia or bipolar disorder.  However, I'd also be open to the possibility that the person is seeing a part of the spectral plane we can't see.  Please don't misunderstand my meaning here.  I said I'd suspect a form of schizophrenia or bipolar disorder (because these are two genetically linked conditions which are known to produce visual and auditory hallucinations).

Their condition may actually make them more sensitive to paranormal activity. 

^^^^ thats what i think

On two occasions I've had a witness with me that saw what I did.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

some people are more sensitive than others, but maybe its a dynamic sensitivity thing caused by our own fear and acknowledgement (sp) of the otherside, i mean, the ghost may be adjusting its power level to us, since it senses we are afraid or curious

#21 boris

boris

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 10:15 AM

:) Interesting theories Kingo'Mountain. I liked the one forwarded in Jeff's book Communicating With the Dead. There's an optometrist who discusses the visual spectrum. The general idea is that we only see a fraction of it. There's activity all over it, but we only see what comes into our direct line of vision. That's why animals seem more sensitive to apparitions, partial apparitions, and orb activity. They can see a wider range of the spectrum. He theorizes that in those rare cases where people see full apparitions they just happen to be experiencing a time when the specter is still long enough to show itself in their direct line of vision. This may account for the many reports of people seeing things out of the corners of their eyes. Spirit activity may be edging its way into the center of the spectrum or pass through so fast that the brain cannot interpret the full vision. It's one of the more scientific theories I've seen on this. It makes as much sense as anything else.
"...The Lord opened the eyes of the young man, and he saw; and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire..." 2 Kings 6: 17b. (There's nothing like seeing the unseen, especially when it's an army of spirits!)

#22 kingo'mountain

kingo'mountain

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 03:59 PM

He theorizes that in those rare cases where people see full apparitions they just happen to be experiencing a time when the specter is still long enough to show itself in their direct line of vision.

well, that quite true, but what about the fact that our brain and eyes are different from person to person? i mean.... it MAY BE because some of us are so sensitive, that our brain interperets electrical interference into a picture thru a light source, that interference is working on a certain frequency that some do react to, and some dont, thats why not all people witness an apparition when it happens.
take babies and small kids for instance.... you remember that kids are more sensitive to any of their senses, thats why its easier for them to see stuff we adults dont see... the sensitivity dulls away as we get older!

This may account for the many reports of people seeing things out of the corners of their eyes.  Spirit activity may be edging its way into the center of the spectrum or pass through so fast that the brain cannot interpret the full vision.  It's one of the more scientific theories I've seen on this.  It makes as much sense as anything else.

i'll explain with an example: when sitting near the computer, turn your head sideways so the monitor is at the corner of your eye................

did it flicker? well, if it did, its a point in your eye where intereferences are noticed, could be the white part of your eye, which makes me think, do people with a light colored pupils can see these disturnabances better than dark colored pupils? mine's are darkish brown, and i really dont see any apparition although one time i put out the light and went to bed to watch TV, near the TV i could see a shadow moving, that i could rationalize because the TV radiates alot of static electricity and alot of light which may have made the ghost visible... then again, i could be talking [Censored]

#23 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 07 August 2005 - 05:38 PM

I can attest to the fact that myself and my grandson do not have any mental disorders. That aside, I feel that it is just an acute parapsychic ability.

Yes, most people see corner-of-the-eye apparitions because off the side of the eye's lens is an area where the detail in sight is nearly impossible. Therefore the only thing that can be noticed is movement.
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users