14 replies to this topic

#1 SachiSachi

SachiSachi

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Awesome things.

Posted 28 July 2005 - 11:38 PM

Hello,

I've recently become interested in recording EVP's after hearing that they're relatively easy to produce with basic equipment. I was wondering if there were any real risks involved? Can a spirit haunt your home? Can one posses you? Coudl I get hurt or killed? Can anything else bad happen? I'm want to know everything involved before I get started recording!

Thanks so much! <3

#2 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 29 July 2005 - 09:17 AM

Well, the big question there is being killed. There has never been a record of a spirit killing a living person in the history of mankind. Safe there. Hurting you? Well, there is a very, very small possibility that a spirit could throw something at you but it is not very likely. Of course a ghost can follow you in some cases. Most of the time they are bound to the property that you find them on but every time I leave a cemetery or a haunted location, I tell them that they are bound to the property and tell them they may not follow me home. I have yet to have a spirit follow me.

In general our minds are our worst enemy with any aspect of paranormal investigation. I have done literally hundreds and hundreds of EVP and have never had any sort of a problem or issue. It is a pretty safe thing to do. What you do have to fear is the living, so if you are walking around a cemetery at night or an old abandoned building of some sort, take some friends and don't go it alone.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 Oniix

Oniix

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 11:21 AM

Well, I suppose you could die in a freak accident, where the tape player exploded and the tape wound around one's neck a the person then suffocated. Or someone accidently ate the tape and it killed them.

Oh one thing you could do if you have the movie, White Noise ....... stop watching it. That will prevent many deaths.

#4 SachiSachi

SachiSachi

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 03:58 PM

Oh one thing you could do if you have the movie, White Noise ....... stop watching it.  That will prevent many deaths.

Your reply made me laugh, lmao! I don't think anyone involved would be man enough to eat the tape, however strange things do happen, lol!

Yeah, White Noise was really creepy, but I was about 90% sure that wacko spirit's wouldnt come out of nowhere and kill me... o_o; but I figured it would still be best to ask. ^^

#5 SachiSachi

SachiSachi

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 04:00 PM

Thank you so much for your reply. I will definitely take your advice! The whole telling them not to follow you home thing is a good thing to do. Thanks again! :hug:

#6 TheArticleRed

TheArticleRed

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 10:02 AM

As a large collective that we are here, all we can do is gather Data. But I would also like to remind you that as many people that are in this field... until we finalize proof for every question... it's all hypothetical... now an EVP killing you.... I seriously doubt it... that I know of there is only even 1 rumored death... that a poltergiest caused a death... that was in Brandywine Falls in Ohio, but that's as well not just sayng the guy didn't have a heart attack, I don't remember the specific cause of death I believe it had something to do with severe internal bleeding, nothing ruptured, no bruises, no cuts, just dead... I think that it is possible to gather ENERGY of film and tape and other forms of recording, but that's my own personal opinion... my adivse... 99% of the time, nothing in the movies is real... the other 1% they can give some useful info on what some good photo enhancers and wav editors are...

#7 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts
  • Interests:Nursing, Softball, Kids, and My Man

Posted 15 September 2005 - 01:21 PM

Life...I think you sniff on paint fumes sometimes...you crack me up!! Anyways, I just want to add to krc post...if you are going to a cemetery or a place that requires trespassing...do find the time to contact your local police station or the person who owns the grounds....there is nothing worse than taking the risk of getting caught and winding up with a fine or jail....the worse anyone can say is no, so don't be afraid to ask before entering property. We almost got busted once...learned our lesson thank goodness we were just asked to leave! Also when taking evps take your time. It takes a while for ghosts to warm up. You want to ask questions and give ample time for them to respond don't just start firing off questions. Don't ever whisper...you're not going to scare them and when you go to play back your tape you don't want to make the mistake of an evp for your whisper. Always make note if you are making the loud noise such as shutting a door, or if you dropped something, or if someone else said something in the background. Do your history so you know good questions to ask...you might get some better responses. If you get possessed, let me know...I think that would be something! just kidding! Evp's are a wonderful way for communication from there world to ours. I wish you the best a luck in your researching! Krc and Life are the best if you have any questions they help us out when we are in need! Good Luck!! Julie
You know our love was meant to be, the kind of love that lasts foreverAnd I want you here with, from tonight until the end of time,You're the meaning in my life, You're the inspiration,You bring feeling to my life, You're the inspiration,No one needs you more than I need you...You're the Inspiration~ChicagoI Love You, Baby!Julie and Dave are "The Spirit Stalkers of Ohio"www.thespiritstalkersofohio.webs.comCome see what we are all about, our galleries of evidence, and we would love for you to sign our guest book!

#8 jjr89

jjr89

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 04:12 PM

I've been wanting to try it for a while. My reasons are in the forum personal encounters but i'm not sure whether to do it or not.

#9 Oniix

Oniix

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 04:29 PM

I don't see there to be any reason to be concerned. Most of the time, you won't find anything. But, in the off chance you do, you may find yourself intrigued and compelled to continue finding clues.

#10 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 19 September 2005 - 07:33 PM

Recording per se won't kill anyone. Your recorder just picks up whatever noise is already produced.

Entering a haunted location to obtain an EVP is slightly different. A ghost / spirit / what-have-you may be aware of your presence and react (no telling on how, though). Treat them with respect and they often return in kind.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#11 Heather_Marie

Heather_Marie

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:Im inot most things! I love music you could say its my life....... I love to write poetry i sorta play the quitar not that well i also play keyboard fairly well. I speak french often and hope 2 one day mojor in it. I love learning about things i don't know or understand.......... Such of which has brought me here. Ghost's and evps ect. I just bought an IC Digital Recorder and a camcorder. I am often called crazy becuase im so open to this. I have seen a ghost and i belive my house is haunted. Wanna know more just ask! ~Heather~

Posted 23 September 2005 - 04:58 PM

Hey Im new to this site i have recently bought a sound activated voice recorder and was wondering where some good places in new york would be to get some possibly good evp;s? -Heath-
"If I could tell the world just one thing it would be We're all ok Not to worry cuase worry is wastefull and useless in times like theese" Jewel- Hands"Theres a song thats inside of my soul , its the one that i've tried to write over and over again" Mandy Moore- Only Hope"So i lay my head back down and i lift my hands and pray" Mandy Moore- Only Hope"People are fast to judge and be against somthing when it's never happened to them, but the day it happens they'll think twice before judging anyone" Me"Are you telling me you've never felt the presence of an angel?""Man are you blind just look in your mothers (FATHERS)eyes"Randy Travis- Angels" I can only imagine what it will be like when i walk by your side, I can only imagine what my eyes will see when your face is looking at me, Sourrounded by your glory what will my heart feel" I can Only Imagine(song)

#12 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 11:23 PM

I don't feel there is much risk involved with evp. To me the ghosts is most likely already there so you have not conjured it and the ghost is making the noise. Unlike a board in which you are asking the ghost to physoically move an object evps are a bit simpler and don't require as much opening of oneself to accomplish

#13 spookman

spookman

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 08:44 AM

Hello,

I've recently become interested in recording EVP's after hearing that they're relatively easy to produce with basic equipment. I was wondering if there were any real risks involved? Can a spirit haunt your home? Can one posses you? Coudl I get hurt or killed? Can anything else bad happen? I'm want to know everything involved before I get started recording!

Thanks so much! <3

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah that used to worry me too :wave:

#14 sharimoore

sharimoore

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:Registered Nurse, Wiccan,

Posted 30 October 2005 - 08:18 PM

For myself, the biggest fear about recording in my own home is

What do I do if I hear..."Get Out" or something like: "Kill you, kill you"

So, i don't think I will try it in my own home, even for grins. But a good cemetary, or church, or school or something. Yeah. I would try it.

Brie

#15 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts
  • Interests:Infrared Photography

Posted 31 October 2005 - 08:27 PM

Be aware that any paranormal manifestation requires energy. Many times YOU are supplying the energy for the spirit. In photos, evp, other manifestations you are in essence acting as a medium and the manifestation is being linked through you. There is a physical cost. Most people show no ill effects, but it is impossible to determine how many deaths attributed to other causes are actually linked to interactions with the spiritual realm.

The second thing to be aware of is that once the door is opened and you begin sensing/interacting with spirits, it CANNOT be completely closed again.

Just think about what you really want and how much you are willing to "pay" before diving head first into paranormal research. Make it a well considered commitment. :Wall:
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users