• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 feusurlaneige

feusurlaneige

Not a very good "ghost" detective!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 05:30 AM

Last saturday night 2 founders of Southern Highland Ghost investigatings & founder and 4 members from Paranormal Australia joined together for an invetigation of Berrima Courthouse NSW Australia.
I witnessed something that has me totally flabbergasted and we also have this on video.
I must say first that the spirit we communicated with may not have good intentions as something happened on the night that was not pleasant. I won't go into detail at this time. Iether the spirit who we had a non verbal conversation with is ok and others there werent or he fooled us. Personally I felt he had nothing to do with what happened & his intentions were good.

There were 7 of us who roamed the courthouse rooms. We did experience early in the night noises such as bangs and scratches and a few including myself had our heads touched again.
We settled in the museum room with just the torches on and sat in silence. Next thing we heard something outside a door. One member had his ear up against the door and could hear scratching on the door. We could hear footsteps outside and then they came into the room through the closed door. It walked over towards us and stopped. Footsteps are a common occurance there. We formed a circle and the footsteps went in the middle then the noise changed to a type of tapping noise. One member asked if spirit was present and to tap once for yes and twice for no.
The spirit said yes immediately after the question.
Over the next couple of hours in different rooms the same spirit used this method to answer questions we all asked. The taps were very precise and we could not duplicate the sound by tapping on the wooden floor. We could pinpoint the exact location of the tap in the middle of us but see nothing and it almost sounded like it was a few inches off the floor. The spirit also at times butted in answering questions that we directed between members about the spirit. That was funny lol!
At one stage the spirit tapped a bit soft and we couldnt distinguish if he tapped twice or once and one member asked him to tap louder as we didnt hear the answer and she repeated the question and he tapped ever so loud and we laughed.
Here are some of the questions.

Q Is there a spirit amongst us?
A Yes

Q Are you male?
A yes

Q Do you wear glasses?
A yes

Q Can you leave the courthouse?
A no

TAP 5 TIMES FOR VERIFICATION
SPIRIT TAPPED 5 TIMES

Q Can you go to different rooms?( this was when we were in the first room)
A yes

Q Do you follow us
A yes

Q Do you like us visiting?
A yes

OUR MEMBER WITH THE VIDEO THEN CALLED THAT A MOVING FLASH OF LIGHT HAD SPED INTO VIEW AND WAS RECORDED.

Q Was that you that just showed on our camers?
A yes

Q Will you show tonight in our photos?
A no

Q will you show yourself to us
A no

Q Will you please move this for us ( foam cup)
A no

Q Can you see us?
A yes

Q Can you tap the number of people here?
SPIRIT TAPPED 7 TIMES AND AT THIS I SWORE LOL WHICH CAME OUT ON THE RECORDING

Q Is it you that makes the footsteps
A no

Q Are you aware of other spirits in the courthouse?
A yes

Q Are you from another dimension?
SPIRIT DIDN'T ANSWER THIS ONE

Q Do you like us?
NO ANSWER

Q Can we trust you?
NO ANSWER

We then wanted to stop for a coffee break. We told spirit we would stop and
Q is it ok if we stop conversation to have coffee
A no

Q can we continue the conversation in another room after
A yes

Q Will you follow us there
A yes

SPIRIT DID COME INTO THAT ROOM

A Do you have a message for any of us?
Q yes

WE THEN BEGUN TO NAME THE PEOPLE AND POINT TO THEM. WE NAMED ONE PERSON AND HE SAID NO AND THEN THE NEXT AND HE SAID YES. REMARKABLY THIS SPIRIT ALWAYS TAPPED IN FRONT OF THAT PERSON AND ACTUALLY FOLLOWED HER IN THE BEGINNING WHEN SHE CAME OVER TO SIT NEAR ME.

Q Do you want us to go to the judges room to talk ( This is regarded as a neutral safe room)
A yes

We talked more in there and then the taps became kind of rushed.
Q How many males are in this room?( There was one living person and should have been one male spirit)

NO ANSWER

The atmosphere became sort of disturbing. We sensed something not right and next thing one of our members became violently ill and rushed from the room. We ended our visit there a bit disturbed.

This is probably one of the most exciting things I have experienced in my time of ghost investigating. We filmed making sure that it could be seen that noone was moving at the time of the taps and the taps came up clear on the recording. We did a protection session after. Something is not quite right in that courthouse and unfortunately the psychic who was in attendance left before this happened. Another formal psychic will be investigating before we go back in. For the first time I realised just how powerful spirit can be and it did shock me quite a bit.

If anyone else on the board or forum has experienced communication like this I would love to hear about it.

#2 Oniix

Oniix

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 09:41 AM

Absolutely awesome Fuesurlaneige!

Very, very cool :Spaz:

What did the tapping sound seem to sound like?

That is definately worth a trip back. I find it curious, that out of the successful communication attempts I've run across, there is ALWAYS, more than one spirit present. I've also come to a rough conclusion, that there is usually a single spirit that seems to keep the others in line. I've experienced this myself at Hibbing Auditorium. I;ve also read of an investigation that had a similar situation.

Great work! I'd love to read more on the investigation!

#3 little_light

little_light

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts
  • Interests:Working Out<br />Music and Dance<br />And Being a wife and Mom!

Posted 01 August 2005 - 12:37 PM

Thanks for sharing......Dodie
"You only get 1 shot!"

#4 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 02:43 PM

Wow, what a great experience. Tapping is a very common way for spirits to communicate and you got some great results. How exciting.
petunia4998

#5 feusurlaneige

feusurlaneige

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 01:51 AM

When the spirit first came into the room it sounded like footsteps on the pollished floor boards which are so clear because of the high ceilings. I could visualise it coming over to us by the sound but then as it got in front of us it sort of sounded like tapping. I thought it was like someone tapping with there fingers on the wooden floor but I tried it to see if it was the same sound and it wasn't?????
So..........i have no idea. One of the rooms had carpet but it still made the same tapping sound only a bit softer. I then thought it might be doing it on the wide skirting board but it sounded different so it wasnt doing it on that. We shouldnt have heard it at all on carpet but we did????
I got very close to the source of the sound but it was so weird like it was there but defying the laws of sound or something. To be honest, it really did sound like it was in another dimension. Its the weirdest feeling when you can hear something in front of you coming out of thin air but can't see the source.
I would like to think that the spirit was interacting in a good way but because of what happened immediately after we were in the 3rd room, we cant be sure. I would have liked to have known his age when he died and his name but because of having no way of getting letters of the alphabet across it was difficult.
I just remembered another thing which was funny. One member called him Mr and asked him if he minded being called that and he said yes and then he said would you prefer to be called Sir and he tapped out yes.
He always tapped directly in front of the southern highlands founder in every room and she was the one he said he had a message for. One thing I noticed also is that if we spoke in sentences that were not structured properly or slangy he didnt answer like he didnt understand what we said.
He didnt know what 'dimension' was I think. When I asked him if he was from another one he didnt answer.
It did answer one question for me. Spirit are aware of other spirit.
I think this spirit is the one who touches our heads all the time. I wonder if he actually touches it with spirit hands or its the magnetic energy that makes the hairs sort of prickle up on my head.
I'm really mad at myself for not asking better questions but we all got a little excited about what was happening.

#6 feusurlaneige

feusurlaneige

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 01:57 AM

You can read about the place at www.shghosthunts.com

#7 Oniix

Oniix

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 02:35 PM

Thank a ton for the extra info Feusurlaneige.

I certainly won't discount your experience, so please don't tale what I say next wrongly.

I've hear that sort of disembodied type of tapping and ticking. My situations have nothing to do with the paranormal, and have ust been tracking down the ticking of cooling furnace ducts. These can give echo through out an entire house, and can be nearly impossible to track down- as soon as you think you are right on top of it, it seems to be just a bit away from you. So, I know how that sounds and feels.

I would be great if your two teams could go back there, I think you could really come up with some great questions to ask. I also think you could try to differentiate through communucation, which spirits you were talking to- try to come up with identifications.

The touching thing is always a strange case. It could very well have been the "goosebumps" type sensation on you heads. It is interesting to note too, that the carpeting seemed to make some sort of impact on the sounds of tapping, although not completely. I still wonder of something in the building was not being used as a conduit for communication? Who knew you were in the building at the time?

These are situations you almost was to make sure you have someone to "look out" for pranksters and evesdroppers just to rule out any sort of outside sources.

Great work!

#8 Oniix

Oniix

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 02:55 PM

I think you could get at least an age, you just have to play the "above or below" game. The same can be done with a pendulum if you don't have something to gauge swings with. Names would be difficult, but not impossible.

How long are you allowed to stay there?

#9 Simmy

Simmy

Ghostvillage Newsgirl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,636 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Cars, Animals, Family....LIFE!

Posted 02 August 2005 - 06:36 PM

Hey feusurlaneige.

I wonder if the flooring surfaces in these rooms have ever been updated or changed at any stage? This might explain the difference in sound? Like spirit might be using sound that it once sounded like to walk on the floors...but now its differnt? know what i mean?

Also, the spirit seemed to be attracted to one person, any chance it followed her there?

#10 feusurlaneige

feusurlaneige

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 03:34 AM

This courthouse was built in the 1800s. Berrima (old Berrima) is not really the place where you would get hoons. Its kind of country like and the building itself is made out of solid sandstone. There is a womans gaol across the road which is still used but its was early hours of the morning and everyone asleep. The only noises we ever hear in there are spirits banging or walking. There were 7 of us and we were locked in. The person in charge of the place the founder of Southern HIghlands ghost investigators. Noone else could get in. We have actually locked ourselves in one time and couldnt get out because the door handle came off. The first room that we were able to speak to this spirit is very large with wooden floor. We, on investigations, will sit very still often in the dark or with torches on. This time in the first room we had all the torches on. We asked all to sit quiet as mice which we did.
The noise was unmistakably paranormal. You could pinpoint the exact location of the tapping which which was in the first room on the wooden floor in middle of us all. It then followed us on our request to talk some more in the second carpeted room and it was between two people. The third time it was in the middle again on wooden floor. We actually conversed with this spirit for about 2 hours I think.
To be honest I have never experienced anything like this. There is no way that tapping came from any person there and we have proof of this on film anyway. There is no way it came from outside because it was right in front of our noses. We even leant down towards it. It did not come from underneath as it actually sounded like it was a couple of inches above the floor. It did not sound like settling or animals or anything like that. It just sounded like a human was tapping something 2' in front of me but I just couldnt see it. When it came over to us we heard it fainter and quite loud as it stopped in front.Image closing your eyes and having someone have one of those party clickers and they click in front of you and then move towards your left ear and then your right ear. You have your eyes closed but you know what direction its coming from. It was like that. We just knew exactly where the noise was and it was right in front of our noses talking with us.

#11 feusurlaneige

feusurlaneige

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 03:41 AM

Forgot to mention that we also have a good knowledge of the spirits at this place because of a psychic www.junecleeland.com who comes with us sometimes and sees and hears the spirits. We are also aware that there are some not so nice characters in this place. Crims to be exact and there is also a woman who killed her husband with an axe. June has seen her. We had another psychic with us last saturday night but she left because she didnt like what she was feeling. I found out later that one of our group had apparently said that they hope they feel something tonight and she heard a male spirit who is not so nice say" I'll show her what feel is" or something pretty close to that I believe. Later is when we had an unfortunate incident happen to one of our members which is when we called the investigation off. This is not the first time that a member has been physically intervened with. On 2 other occasions a member has been scratched and I have personally seen the welts from the scratches on her arm and was there called out she had just been bitten. It wasnt a bite but a scratch,.She was wearing a thick jumper that night.

#12 Simmy

Simmy

Ghostvillage Newsgirl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 03:47 AM

It makes me wonder why people continue to go on this investigations when well, you yourself, obviously have enough proof in yourself that they exist. If i got attacked by a spirit, i would be a nervous wreck, you wouldnt catch me even reading about them!! I just wonder what exactly your looking for or what you wish to achieve by finding your evidence? Is it just the fact that its addictive? You have WAY more courage than me! Thats for sure!!

#13 feusurlaneige

feusurlaneige

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 06:10 AM

LOL!!! thats cause nothing unpleasant has happened to me. I was thinking after all this last saturday night if it happened to me whether I would go back to this place. I know the person it happened to will because that is just her. Hey she sits on a morgue slab by herself locked into the morgue in the dark At Quarantine Station just to experience what there is to be experienced. Don't think I would go that far lol!
I was thinking after saturday night that maybe I wouldnt go in the courthouse again but.....he he!!...bring on the next visit :Spaz:

The more positive things you get happen, the more you want to do it

#14 Simmy

Simmy

Ghostvillage Newsgirl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 07:00 AM

Well your definately more brave than me! I dont even like walking into cemetary's lol

#15 Oniix

Oniix

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 07:34 AM

Great accounts Feus!

LOL Simmy, I'd be the type that would, after getting sick, go right back in and have a nice little sit down conversation with them hehe. I don't like being played with. and unless they drew serious blood or knocked me cold/gave me a concussion, I'd still be there, getting answers.

LOL! or as KRC would attest to, I'd enter the place and it would fall silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users