Free Skins
© Fisana

Photo

Indigo Children

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Markway

Markway

Can dowse the moon everytime that it's full!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts
  • Interests:Para normal activity of all kinds, but especially the why of where. Bad things happen everywhere, but why is THIS place haunted, charged, etc.? Intelligent exchange of ideas, sharing of experiences and and putting various talents to work on a single problem. High strangeness of all kinds.

Posted 11 August 2005 - 08:13 PM

What do you folks make out of all this talk concerning the so called Indigo Children?

Supposedly Indigo children are the newest crop of kids coming along. They're supposed to be smarter, wiser, and more spiritually together than past generations. The name comes from the supposed color of their "Auras".

I've been hearing, "Listen to the children", since the '60's, and frankly they seem better at computers, but worse at books. They also seem to be getting way more science and math in school and less history and the arts, but I have yet to detect any big upturn in their spiritual greatness, other than that they haven't had time to become completely corrupt yet, though most seem to have few objections to the process.

This is MY take, what's yours?
Take this kiss upon the brow!
And, in parting from you now,
This much let me avow---
You are not wrong, who deem
That my days have been a dream:
Yet if hope has flown away In a night,
Or in a day, In a vision, or in none,
Is it therefore the less gone?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

#2 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 11 August 2005 - 08:45 PM

Never heard of this. I suppose I'd have to look around the net and see what I can find out.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#3 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,363 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 11 August 2005 - 09:55 PM

Never heard of this.  I suppose I'd have to look around the net and see what I can find out.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you're one of them! :cheerleader:
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#4 mellilotflower

mellilotflower

Freaked out by toe socks?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy, Knitting, Ornithology, folklore and fairies

Posted 12 August 2005 - 02:19 AM

I've heard of this vaguely- but let me tell you; if it's my generation, or any of the kids that were younger than me at school (or slightly older for that matter) I've noticed no upswing in intelligence or spiritual well being. As far as I can see kids are as obnoxious, as arragont and as cruel as they always were- only now they have computers so they can baffle half of their elders.

That said, I can't see aura's and it may well be every snot nosed brat that ever threw stuff at me had a purple aura, but just kept it well hidden?

Ahah: "Indigo Children are the current generation being born today and most of those who are 8 years old or younger." Thankgoodness the hopes of the world aren't resting on the shoulders of my generation!
http://www.metagifte...agifted/indigo/
I can't seem to find any explanation as to why they've suddenly started appearing in such numbers, though the above sight does suggest that there are adult indigos around. It also doesn't explain how they know there is a huge surge in Indigo children.
They also seem to be linking it to attention defecit disorders and learning difficulties, which I think is a bit of a worry. It could be just a nice happy way of explaining a relatively knew problem either to be diagnosed, encountered or understood.

The point which I should first wish to understand is whether the pious or holy is beloved by the gods because it is holy, or holy because it is beloved of the gods.

Sonnet XCIVBut if that flower with base infection meet,The basest weed outbraves his dignity:For sweetest things turn sourest by their deeds;Lilies that fester smell far worse than weeds

#5 Markway

Markway

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts
  • Interests:Para normal activity of all kinds, but especially the why of where. Bad things happen everywhere, but why is THIS place haunted, charged, etc.? Intelligent exchange of ideas, sharing of experiences and and putting various talents to work on a single problem. High strangeness of all kinds.

Posted 12 August 2005 - 08:07 PM

Hey!. If this Indigo thing isn't enough, there are people in Russia who claim the the Cherynoble Nuclear Disaster, has created children who are much brighter, faster, etc. than normal. After seeing the "benefits" Hiroshima brought to Japan, i am disinclined to believe this, that and the scientific fact that 99% of all mutations are either neutral or harmful.
This much let me avow---
All that we see or seem

#6 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 12 August 2005 - 08:47 PM

:D

This kind of thing comes up again and again and again, century after century. I believe it like I believe the repeated calculations of the end of the world.

In short.....new age crud.

Just my opinion

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#7 tkite

tkite

Village Elder

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • Interests:I am a Witch, and practice Witchcraft. I am 36 years old, live in Texas, and want to move to Connecticut or thereabouts in the next few years. I am also a Past Master of a Masonic Lodge (AF&amp;AM). Masons can be of any religion, despite that most are Christian and Jewish. &lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;

Posted 13 August 2005 - 02:15 AM

I've heard of, and read about this before. From what I gather, it is basically on cue with many kids of this day and age........ However, what I have noticed about the kids of this day and age is that they feel they are on the same level as the adults, from a VERY young age, and they even believe they are superior and smarter later on. There is something definitely going on, the kids have never been this way before in the past, as a whole that is. Kids have been bad on occasion etc. but it seems like MOST are bad apples these days in many regards - Total disrespect for adults, and have a superiority complex etc..... I could rant on, however I'm not going to.........
A Witch I am..... Use the Force...

#8 Bobnoxious

Bobnoxious

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • Interests:Music (heavy metal, punk rock, rockabilly, progressive rock, old country, garage rock, and other non mainstream sounds), movies (horror, sci-fi, exploitation, independent, foreign, and old classics mainly), writing (mostly for my zine/website Utter Trash - http://www.uttertrash.net), and singing for my band Horror of 59 (http://www.horrorof59.com).

Posted 13 August 2005 - 02:52 AM

My personal opinion is that kids today are dumber than they ever have been. I don't blame them, I blame their parents and the school systems. Markway, I wish they were getting more science and math education, but I fear that's just as lacking as history, reading, and everything else. Even when I was a youngun' (not that long ago, right?) I and others like me got picked on for reading. With all the numerous technological diversions available today, I feel pretty safe in saying even less kids read now than just 20 or even 10 years ago, and those who do are treated as even more of an outcast. You won't see too much of it on Ghost Village, but look at message boards frequented by the younger generation. Literacy is rapidly declining, if not already gone. The movies and TV shows are geared to an increasingly lower common denominator. The news shows are more concerned with J-Lo's butt than anything of real importance. And call me a conspiracy nut, but I think that's just the way the elite want it. If the masses are just dumb cattle who only care about video games, t & a, moronic movies, and bad pop music then they're that much easier to control. About the only positive thing I see in the younger generation as a whole is less racism, sexism, and homophobia. I know generalizations are unfair, but the lack of even basic knowledge I've seen on the part of the younger generations is truly disturbing.
"Future events such as these will affect you in the future." - Criswell, 'Plan 9 From Outer Space'

#9 mellilotflower

mellilotflower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 06:21 AM

I would generally have to second what Bob said - dem fine post there.

The point which I should first wish to understand is whether the pious or holy is beloved by the gods because it is holy, or holy because it is beloved of the gods.

Sonnet XCIVBut if that flower with base infection meet,The basest weed outbraves his dignity:For sweetest things turn sourest by their deeds;Lilies that fester smell far worse than weeds

#10 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 07:48 AM

Ummmm.....folks, I can't help but feel that this is turning into a ranting thread about the next generation. If it is such, I'll move it to the Drop Zone and ya'll can complain about the kids to your hearts content, since the Urban Legends board is NOT the place for that.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#11 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 08:11 AM

Now, in an effort to steer the topic back to these 'gifted' children (metephsyically speaking) and away from how horrible kids today are (and that's an old, old mantra when you stop to think about it), I have done some looking around online on this subject.

http://skepdic.com/indigo.html

The term "Indigo Child" comes from psychic and synesthesiac Nancy Ann Tappe, who classified people's personalities according to the hue of their auras.

The quote on the website directly under what I have quoted here is from 1982. For the record, I was 9 years old in 1982, so it would seem that I and other's my age are those being referred to as "Indigo Children" by Ms. Tappe. So apparently looking at Generation X.

Fast forward to 2002, when a channeler named Lee Carroll wrote a book called "Indigo Children"

One thesis of The Indigo Children seems to be that many children diagnosed as having attention deficit disorder (ADD) or ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) represent "a new kind of evolution of humanity."* These children don't need drugs like Ritalin, but special care and training. The book consists of dozens of articles by authors  from many walks of life. It is, accordingly, inconsistent and uneven in quality of analysis and advice. Nancy Ann Tappe is a contributor. One of the authors is Robert Gerard, Ph.D., whose piece is called "Emissaries from Heaven." He believes his daughter is an Indigo Child. He also thinks "Most Indigos see angels and other beings in the etheric." He runs  Oughten House Foundation, Inc., and sells angel cards. Another contributor is Doreen Virtue, an advocate of  angel therapy who has found an even further evolved generation of children is now emerging: the  Crystal children. 

how to recognize the Indigo Child

The Indigo Child is recognizable by his or her aura and by certain other traits, according to The Indigo Children website (owned by Kryon Writings).

* They come into the world with a feeling of royalty (and often act like it)
    * They have a feeling of "deserving to be here," and are surprised when others don't share that.
    * Self-worth is not a big issue. They often tell the parents "who they are."
    *  They have difficulty with absolute authority (authority without explanation or choice).
    * They simply will not do certain things; for example, waiting in line is difficult for them.
    * They get frustrated with systems that are ritually oriented and don't require creative thought.
    * They often see better ways of doing things, both at home and in school, which makes them seem like "system busters" (nonconforming to any system).
    * They seem antisocial unless they are with their own kind. If there are no others of like consciousness around them, they often turn inward, feeling like no other human understands them. School is often extremely difficult for them socially.
    * They will not respond to "guilt" discipline ("Wait till your father gets home and finds out what you did").
    * They are not shy in letting you know what they need.

That seems like a segment of EVERY GENERATION since 'teenager' came into common parlance (around the 1950's if I recall my Social Science and Socialogy classes correctly) Many kids of my own generation were like that. I'm sure those of the generation prior to my own can point to such personalities as well.

If you are interested, here's the link to what Yahoo came up with when I typed in Indigo Children.

http://ca.search.yah...t&tab=&ei=UTF-8

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#12 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 10:06 AM

Indigo Children= lmao! Sounds like a brat with ADHD and absolutely no discipline at home and no one has taught them empathy. That's my take. I'm just a Mom who has to deal with turning my kids into acceptable, contributing members of society.
Bubbles are proof that ghosts exist.This person still under construction.

#13 mellilotflower

mellilotflower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 10:54 AM

Sorry if it sounded like I was just bashing kids... I just think that the whole idea of indigo kids is an excuse some parents have cooked up for spoiling their children... I bet just about every so called indigo child is either an only child, a last child or a child with a very large age gap between them and the siblings.

From the same site that I read most of the info on Indigo children:

"The Group has been talking recently about the return of the Crystal children. These are the children that are our next level of human evolution. The Indigo's have been changing the paradigms and our structures to make space for us to evolve. They have entered, moving a little faster than most of us, and have had great difficulties as they stretched our belief systems and the way we interact with children. Their higher purpose, according to the Group, is to make room for our next stage of evolution." http://www.metagifte...heNewEarth.html

This at least suggests why there has been an increase in these indigo children and gives a little bit of what I guess it wants to call science to back it up. But since evolution is itself just a theory (a fact pointed out by many a religious nut) grounding the emergence of this new type of children in evolution is a little shaky. Though it does make the most sense I guess if you're going to say that these indigo children are us, but better... Though I'm not sure why they've decided to say that the chrystal children and not the indigos are the next stage... because they are already here and so they're the current stage?
It's also a little odd that as far as we know and has been documented there hasn't been many leaps in the human evolution for several thousand years, and so why would these two leaps occur so suddenly now? And how can they guess or predict accurately that the next mutation from the indigo's will be a good mutation? They seem to have only a limited grasp on what evolution actually involves, more limited than myself- which is saying something. Please, by the way correct me if I've got something wrong...

#14 Bobnoxious

Bobnoxious

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • Interests:Music (heavy metal, punk rock, rockabilly, progressive rock, old country, garage rock, and other non mainstream sounds), movies (horror, sci-fi, exploitation, independent, foreign, and old classics mainly), writing (mostly for my zine/website Utter Trash - http://www.uttertrash.net), and singing for my band Horror of 59 (http://www.horrorof59.com).

Posted 13 August 2005 - 03:13 PM

Sorry, Vamp. Got carried away. But I think you're absolutely right in stating that the description of these "Indigo Children" can apply to sizable segments of every generation since at least the mid fifties. In general, it sounds like a lot of newage (rhymes with "sewage") to me. There's no evolutionary leap going on. It's just a shift in parenting styles that's been going on for a while. Like I said in my previous rant, the fact that more kids today have rejected racism, sexism, homophobia, etc. is a good positive thing. But one would hope that would be starting to happen by now as our society has been moving in that direction for some time. Nothing metaphysical about it.
"Future events such as these will affect you in the future." - Criswell, 'Plan 9 From Outer Space'

#15 Markway

Markway

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 07:24 PM

I have had a real high level of irritation brewing for sometime concerning the whole New Age movement. It's sort of like the whole flower child business I remember without anyone bothering to actually read their source material.

As someone with a little background in Anthropology, evolution stopped about 9,000 years ago. The minute we started protecting the elderly and diseased, and began to efficiently alter our environment, we ended evolution. I have gotten into arguements with lay-people over this. I have been told things such as, " Look how much smarter we are now! We're using computers, and those 'ol cavemen were stuck with spears and stuff! " Ask them how to knap a flint spear or even PROGRAM a computer and you get blank looks.

Our progress in the last few millenia has been culture based. No catastrophe has come along to end civilization, and we've been able to build upon the cultural edifice of the past.

Is there anyone out there who can see auras?
This much let me avow---
All that we see or seem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users