Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

Faith Healing

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 beccaluvsghostsntexas

beccaluvsghostsntexas

Looking for some frozen butt snowfairies.......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts
  • Interests:Anything paranormal!

Posted 26 August 2005 - 09:11 PM

I personally, am a believer in what the Bible tells me. I know that not everyone on this board believes the way that I do, and I respect that. What I believe is this, what Jesus did in His day, we can also do now. He gave us those powers and if we believe on Him ANYTHING is possible. I personally have been cured of a number of things by going to my church & having hands laid upon me & being prayed for. My God proves Himself to me regularly because I have chosen to accept Him in my life & to rely on Him as my Saviour not just from death but from this crazy thing that we call life. This is not something that I have chosen to believe since I have grown into adulthood, I was raised in a "Bible church", I have seen & heard things in church & around faithful people that I believe are of God. When something is proven to you over & over you can't do anything BUT believe. So, yes, I do believe in faith healing when it comes to the Christian faith. I cannot say about other beliefs.
It's just Becca Posted Image

#17 Markway

Markway

Can dowse the moon everytime that it's full!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Interests:Para normal activity of all kinds, but especially the why of where. Bad things happen everywhere, but why is THIS place haunted, charged, etc.? Intelligent exchange of ideas, sharing of experiences and and putting various talents to work on a single problem. High strangeness of all kinds.

Posted 27 August 2005 - 04:16 AM

:wave:

Markway~  I have only once felt someone's pain, and I am sure it was only a fragment of what she feels.  A woman I have become very good friends with lost her son 8 1/2 years ago.  He passed days before Christmas.  Needless to say, the holidays are very difficult for her.  One day, this past Christmas season, I sat down and asked God, her son, and anyone else that was out there listening, to let me have her pain for as long as she needed to be free of it.  I wanted her to feel joy and happiness with out such pain.  I hadn't thought it would work, but it was worth a try.  As I sat there, I was suddenly overwhelmed with the worst pain and grief that I had ever felt.  I sobbed, and I mean SOBBED for a good half an hour.  And then almost as suddenly as it came on, I stopped crying and felt very peaceful.  I said Thank you to everyone I had asked.  I was grateful, I know how odd that sounds, for being able to experience that.  I could only hope that for that time, my friend was at peace within herself.  A while later, I had started baking cookies when my phone rang.  It was my friend.  I asked her how she was doing and she said, " This morning, I feel really good, better than I have in a long time."  I was astounded but I didn't say anything about it.  It felt so good to be able to help her for even a short time.

Other than that, I have not felt anyone's pain.  I do feel the energy, mostly in my hands and arms.  They often trob, tingle and/or get hot.  It is really neat.

Kas

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What can I say? I can only honor you for your attempt, And for your success. If I was allowed only one gift this would be it. I can only suppose that God has found me undeserving. I can think of no greater gift,
Take this kiss upon the brow!
And, in parting from you now,
This much let me avow---
You are not wrong, who deem
That my days have been a dream:
Yet if hope has flown away In a night,
Or in a day, In a vision, or in none,
Is it therefore the less gone?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

#18 Kas

Kas

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 06:56 AM

Markway~ Everyone has potential to become a healer. If it dosn't come naturally, you can learn. It is guided by your intuition. In my first post on this topic, I told of a book I just read. I was going on memory and gave the title wrong. The title of the book is [SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]"Hands That Heal", by Echo Bodine.[SIZE=1](My sincerest apologies, Ms. Bodine.) I highly recomend this book to anyone interested in healing, it is wonderful.
And Markway, you are deserving of this "gift". If you want to help heal people, you can, it is within you, just let it out!!! Good luck!
Kas

#19 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,391 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 27 August 2005 - 07:23 PM

The process of Faith Healing really do work, even though it may always be NOT the case. Simply put, faith healing is all about channelizing the Universal Energy and using it to help relieve the illness.
Posted Image

#20 Sammy_Da_Cat

Sammy_Da_Cat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • Interests:Buddhism, hiking, meditation, Tai Chi, Yoga, reading, spending quality time with my family, and of course the paranormal.

Posted 31 August 2005 - 10:42 PM

What can I say? I can only honor you for your attempt, And for your success. If I was allowed only one gift this would be it. I can only suppose that God has found me undeserving. I can think of no greater gift,

I have put myself in a precarious place the last 5 months. I have been over worked, tired, beaten down, and taken advantage off, but still the thing that has affected me the most is the sadness and loneliness I see in the people around me. Its like a giant ball of negativity. Being someone who can feel the physical pain and the emotional pain of others I can tell you that sometimes I do not view it as a gift. But I still I remain positive in the fact that even the littlest attempt to help or heal someone does not go unnoticed. Everyone has a power to heal themselves and others. Healing is not always about medicines or divine universal powers. Healing someone can be accomplished in many small ways. Like listening quietly when someone has a problem, holding out a hand to someone who has fallen, or taking that hand when you have fallen. Something as simple as smiling at a stranger, hugging a loved one, laughing whole heartily with friends, saying thank you and please, even crying with someone works wonders even if the person is not physically ill. These actions are not insignificant, through them a person not only opens the hearts of others and also their own heart. You may not have the gift of physical healing Markway but within in you there is a power to heal a person spirit. And if the spirit is healed the body will follow.

#21 Markway

Markway

Can dowse the moon everytime that it's full!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Interests:Para normal activity of all kinds, but especially the why of where. Bad things happen everywhere, but why is THIS place haunted, charged, etc.? Intelligent exchange of ideas, sharing of experiences and and putting various talents to work on a single problem. High strangeness of all kinds.

Posted 02 September 2005 - 06:39 AM

You are right of course. I just have trouble accepting that everyone can do everything, but I have no problem with the notion that we all have gifts to bring to the table.
Take this kiss upon the brow!
And, in parting from you now,
This much let me avow---
You are not wrong, who deem
That my days have been a dream:
Yet if hope has flown away In a night,
Or in a day, In a vision, or in none,
Is it therefore the less gone?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

#22 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 11:05 AM

Where are you Sammy? It sounds like a war zone.

Little things mean a lot.

These physical bodies are not meant to be perfect and they are meant to break down. That's why I can't wait to finish with this burden and go back to my spirit.
petunia4998

#23 Sammy_Da_Cat

Sammy_Da_Cat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • Interests:Buddhism, hiking, meditation, Tai Chi, Yoga, reading, spending quality time with my family, and of course the paranormal.

Posted 02 September 2005 - 05:24 PM

Where are you Sammy?  It sounds like a war zone. 

Little things mean a lot.

These physical bodies are not meant to be perfect and they are meant to break down.  That's why I can't wait to finish with this burden and go back to my spirit.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not a war zone, worse “Network TV!”.

As with everything in this world our bodies change with every breath. No one is safe from sickness or death. The burdens we all carry through life may seem overwhelming but they become lighter when shared with friends. Never be afraid to help others or ask for help from others. After all, we are all in this together and death does not part us from our duties as compassionate beings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users