• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 saneguy

saneguy

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 08:51 PM

Saw this online today. A Reggie Lagow of Coleman, Texas claims to have caught a chupacabra. After a number of his chickens and turkeys were killed, Lagow set up a trap to catch the culprit. What he found inside is being described as a mix between a hairless dog, a rat and a kangaroo. Here's a pic of the mysterious animal:

Posted Image

What do you guys think? Could this actually be a chupa? To me, it looks like a malnurished, albino kangaroo.
Posted Image

#2 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 25 August 2005 - 09:08 PM

Alright, now that the shivers have stopped....lol. Yeah, it does look like a rather young albino kangaroo...but what on earth is a young kangaroo doing running around Texas?

I suppose now I should take a look at what kinds of critters are native to Texas, and probably Mexico & New Mexico as well.

It just doesn't look at all like what I envisioned a Chupacabra to be based on all the descriptions I've read.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#3 lulaboo

lulaboo

Beware of her lil' redneck girl rage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,298 posts
  • Interests:too many to list

Posted 25 August 2005 - 10:53 PM

Awww that poor lil' critter. :D
Doesn't look like any of the classic descripts of what I've read a chupa to be. That guy really should be boiled in his own chicken grease for trying to get publicity that way.
Is it Peeps season yet?Gallon of citronella oil--$5.95Having said oil blessed by local Catholic priest--FreeThe look on a psychic vampires face after you douse it with blessed oil and call it a psychic mosquito--Priceless!!!There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#4 Simmy

Simmy

Ghostvillage Newsgirl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,636 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Cars, Animals, Family....LIFE!

Posted 26 August 2005 - 01:16 AM

.  That guy really should be boiled in his own chicken grease for trying to get publicity that way.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When your angry your so funny! lol :cheerleader:

#5 beccaluvsghostsntexas

beccaluvsghostsntexas

Looking for some frozen butt snowfairies.......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts
  • Interests:Anything paranormal!

Posted 26 August 2005 - 06:50 AM

Well, I live in Texas & have for quite a long time & I have NEVER seen a kangaroo running around free. I don't think I have ever even seen one in any of the zoos that I have been to here......so, no, kangaroos are NOT native to Texas!

I agree, poor little thing.....very sad.
It's just Becca Posted Image

#6 Simmy

Simmy

Ghostvillage Newsgirl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 07:11 AM

It was us mad aussies...we smuggled some albino kanga's over there and shaved them so you'd all think they were the chupa's! lol.. That poor critter looks cute.. You know, i wonder what its teeth look like, if it has sharp teeth that would be kinda creepy! But if they are just flat like ours..then I'm guessing hes a grass eater, now surely somones checked out his insides and seen what infact he did eat.. too many questions..!

#7 Simmy

Simmy

Ghostvillage Newsgirl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 07:11 AM

Oh what i meant is Kangaroo's dont eat people, its a myth!!

#8 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 26 August 2005 - 12:39 PM

Definitely doesn't match the drawing on the front page of A Folha de São Paulo.

While there might not be native kangaroos in Texas, there's a herd of wallabees on Oahu. Back in the 1970s a male and female escaped from the zoo. The mountains they chose as their new home is too rough to try and recapture them.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#9 mellilotflower

mellilotflower

Freaked out by toe socks?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy, Knitting, Ornithology, folklore and fairies

Posted 26 August 2005 - 04:06 PM

This pic reminds me of the story of a beast haunting some american town (can't remember which), hanging out around all the secluded beauty spots frequented by children and known for appearing mysteriously and hideously at car windows before disapearing into the night. People described it as half dog half human half ape I seem to remember. Someone eventually shot the beast and it turned out to be nothing more than a stray dog that had been caught in a fire.
To me this looks like a poor mongrel dog positioned in such a way as to exentuate its odd features for the pic.

The point which I should first wish to understand is whether the pious or holy is beloved by the gods because it is holy, or holy because it is beloved of the gods.

Sonnet XCIVBut if that flower with base infection meet,The basest weed outbraves his dignity:For sweetest things turn sourest by their deeds;Lilies that fester smell far worse than weeds

#10 Nahela

Nahela

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Interests:Music, history, art, movies, mythology and folklore..

Posted 26 August 2005 - 05:43 PM

yea I agree it does resemble a dog, or a fox heavaly infected with skabb's...
poor thing...

#11 lulaboo

lulaboo

Beware of her lil' redneck girl rage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,298 posts
  • Interests:too many to list

Posted 27 August 2005 - 09:42 PM

LOL Simmy You mad Aussies and your kangaroo smuggling ways!! :lol:

It does appear to be some sort of 'wild' canine breed. I honestly can't think of any domestic breeds that have the same appearance.
Is it Peeps season yet?Gallon of citronella oil--$5.95Having said oil blessed by local Catholic priest--FreeThe look on a psychic vampires face after you douse it with blessed oil and call it a psychic mosquito--Priceless!!!There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#12 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 27 August 2005 - 09:58 PM

It looks rather like a whippet or greyhound now that I think on it, not pure bred, but like it has that in its genetic ancestory. The front leg (only one is showing) looks remarkably like the lower part was lost/removed years ago (I've seen many a program that details three legged dogs and cats, after a few years, that's what the remaining portion of the leg looks like)

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#13 saneguy

saneguy

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 01:05 AM

I was thinking that too, that it might've been a greyhound.
Posted Image

#14 Justa

Justa

Champion YMCA dancer and professional spaghetti nose shooter

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,497 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 11:41 AM

Here are a couple of pictures that show it a little more clearly.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 12:50 PM

Is it just me or is the lower jaw in the second pic that Justa posted shorter than in the other two pictures? The teeth in that second pic also don't look very real to me. Why does the front legs in the pic posted by Saneguy look amputated, yet are there in full in Justa's pic?

Krafted with luv

by monsters

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users