September 5, 2005
Postmodern Magic: The Art of Magic in the Information Age
By Patrick Dunn
Publisher: Llewellyn Publications (June 2005)
Pages: 251 - Price: $14.95
Review by Lee Prosser - email@example.com
Patrick Dunn has written an informative book about approaching magickal theory from an information paradigm. His approach is intriguing.
He sets out the following ideas for constructing your own approach:
1) Construct a personal symbol system that works for you.
2) Devise your own personal set of magickal tools and consecrate them.
3) Carefully create your own magickal language system that works for you.
4) In magickal work, evoke and invoke, and create, magical entities that you can utilize to aid you in your magickal workings.
5) Master and perfect the technique of remote viewing.
6) Master and perfect the technique of astral travel.
7) Learn to predict events through your own divinatory system.
8) Research and learn about such topics as magickal etiquette, networking, and learn how to evaluate books, and information.
9) Learn how to evaluate magickal groups.
This book takes a bold an perceptive path towards modern magick in contemporary times. The section on constructing a personal symbol system will have much interest for those interested in magick of their own making.
This is an enjoyable book. It is sure to stir controversy and provoke good discussion.
here to buy this book now.